Saturday, October 30, 2010

Profound state of mediocrity

Good morning, smarty pants!  Today I face you not as a genius but as an average intellect. I got my lsat score early.  It was inconspicuously included in an email from the dread LSAC people.  I was reading along thinking it would just tell me how to gain access to my lsat score on November 1st and I realized that it was my actual lsat score IN the email.  My score is 151 out of 180.  My IQ is 12 out of infinity.  My irritation with myself is 11 on a 1 to 10 scale.  And facing you, my esteemed comrades, is embarrassing to the highest degree. 

Ugh, so annoyed and SO useless. 

1 comment:

  1. I know you hold yourself to high standards and are your own worst critic, and it's always very frustrating when something you've sunk a significant amount of time and effort into doesn't turn out as well as you'd hoped.

    So. Yes, allow yourself a temporary wallow in disappointment! But on the other hand, it's only one test and law school was your backup plan, yes? So ... if you want to keep that backup plan in place, the worst that this setback (if you will) means is that you're facing some more annoying work before writing the lsat again. Last I looked, you weren't afraid of work.

    Then again, to play the devil's advocate -- who needs the lsat, anyway? Look at everything you've accomplished and all the places you can go. You're really aiming for a Ph.D. in History, I believe.

    Amelia -- a mediocrity?? I think not!! Believe me. I'm familiar enough with mediocrity to recognize it when I see it.. You're not it.

    Hang in there, Amelia! Remember: What pisses you off ... only makes you stronger in the long run.

    (signed) your biggest fan

    ReplyDelete