Wednesday, October 27, 2010





This was my day yesterday:
It all started innocuously enough.  I ran with the border collie.  She NEVER gets sick of running after the ball.  She's such an odd choice of dog for old people.  We both got back to the house, heaving and panting.  Then the old lady took the little dog, Bismarck, for a walk but didn't close the gate.  Then the big dog, Weimar Republic, peed in the house and all hell broke loose. I kicked her out and she ran out the gate but I didn't realize it for a few seconds and it didn't matter bc I wasn't wearing shoes.  So I ran to get shoes and slipped on the pee and fell over, then found the shoes, put them on and the phone rang.  Of course the immediate instinct when a phone rings is to pick it up, even if your dog has escaped.  Then I realized what I was doing but this dude was going on and on about good times at Berkeley, and I don't know why because I've never been to Berkeley, so I got off the phone and ran out the door, only to find the old lady with Bismarck, screaming at a passing car.  Turns out someone had picked up Weimarck Republic and I finally spat out, that's our dog! and so they stopped and let her out and everything was fine.  Except my sanity.

1 comment:

  1. Did you get a good look at the driver of the car that picked up Weimar Republic? Last time it went missing (1933), it was Hitler that sped off with it down the Autobahn. A tottering Von Hindenburg was left by the curb -- vainly clutching Bismarck's legacy, shaking his fist, and berating the Austrian Corporal with Reich-less indignation.

    ReplyDelete