Friday, November 19, 2010

Mandrew speaks again: sea ass

Here is Mandrew's summary of the sushi experience.  It differs slightly from my version, which included great hilarity.

Honestly, I'm no stranger to sushi. I have just chosen not to try it. I prefer my fare to be land dwellers; not sea dwellers. However, knowing Amelia's love affair with sushi I thought I'd give it a try. Amelia ordered tuna maki and a sushi pizza.  Against her advice, I tried the tuna maki first. I soaked it in soy sauce and the only thing I can say is that it maki'd me want to vomit. It tasted exactly as I imagined. The ass of the ocean. I gave it a try though.  Feeling extra brave I decided to try some of the "pizza". I took a bite of a slice and was quite surprised. Lots of different flavors with a bit of spice. The real bonus was that none of it tasted like sea ass. I'm not a sushi lover but am more open minded. I will take baby steps as Trots suggested. I shall try again!


There you have it.  He loves sushi!

1 comment: