Thursday, November 18, 2010

ugh construction

My building has been sold.  Upgrades are currently in progress.  I use the term progress loosely.  There are some men in the hallway outside my unit.  I assume they're construction workers because they have tool belts but to be honest they don't do that much work.  They stand around modeling overalls and accost me with leery smiles.  The other day one of them announced to me with immense pride, 'helllLLLLO.'  Why do men think these bizarre multi-tonal greetings are appropriate?  I'm not in the market for a creepy voice teacher.

3 comments:

  1. They don't do that much work? Yup, that's a sure sign -- they're definitely in construction, then.

    You don't like bizarre multi-tonal greetings?? Dang. It took millenia for us to evolve that level of sophistication -- kudos to the Big Bopper. Your other choice is the Wolf Whistle. Sorry, those are our best ideas so far.

    (signed) token male blogquiste

    ReplyDelete
  2. HellLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO how are YOU today? That's what it was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I'm so sorry. You should sent the bunnies after them to gnaw their shoelaces until they leave. What does he want you to say to that? "Oh, I'm horny and lonely, please come in and take care of me big boy". Good luck and I hope the 'progress' goes quickly.

    ReplyDelete