Tuesday, November 23, 2010

gainful

Guess WHAT?  After some forceful negotiations, Auralie has hired me as her wedding planner.  That is right.  I, appreciator of weddings and marriage, am now gainfully employed as her representation.  In return, she will pay me by letting me pick my own damn dress.

I'm extremely excited to be a part of her wedding.  At first I was horrified.  I thought she'd turn into one of THOSE people who loses all concept of "I" in favour of "we".  I don't want to lose her and I also hate weddings.  But Auralie is extremely grounded and I truly believe it will be a joyous occasion without tackiness.  The best part is that hopefully we will go dress shopping together and I can help her pick out her wedding dress and cry.  At which point she'll get embarrassed and buy whatever sequined monstrosity she might be trying on just to shut me up.  Anyone else need a wedding planner?

2 comments:

  1. I don't remember agreeing to allowing you to pick your own dress. That was going to be the best part of the wedding- watching you scowl while walking down an aisle in a seafoam polyester nightmare. We must re-write our terms immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNEW I should have made better use of that ice pick when we were in Mexico.

    ReplyDelete