Monday, November 8, 2010

Refunked





I'm PSYCHED for this dare idea.  Here are some dare examples I found on the website (which I could actually try):

  • Write your first short story or novel
  • Host a Scrabble tournament
  • Grow out your mustache or sideburns
  • Bungee jump or skydive
  • My other idea- perform my burlesque routine in public
No one would come to the Scrabble tournament except me, Richard, and possibly Auralie, who thinks 'refunk' as in 'to funk again' is a word.

This is a fundraising initiative for Stephen Lewis's AIDS campaign.  In Zimbabwe, where I used to live, more people have AIDS than don't. 

2 comments:

  1. Much would depend on the number and character of your targeted supporters/donors, of course.

    Now's the time of year for a Calendar, for example ... although the content of the calendar would affect the market sector it might be aimed at and promoted to. I would have assumed that resurrecting the idea of a calendar of a certain ... colour ... would have not been even a remote consideration, but since you yourself suggest a burlesque performance, I take it to be not necessarily completely beyond the pale ... perhaps with the participation of other ladies-blogquistes. Otherwise, the products of your own sideline as a photographer would certainly create a good calendar that is based on any mainstream theme (bunnies vs AIDS, e.g.). Don't know what the printing costs would be; you'd need up-front sponsorship for production, of course.

    I'm sure we blog-followers would support any idea that you favour, be it simple or grandiose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Richard, you have to think of your audience- who will you get money from? Then you can think of: what would I have to do to get these people to give me money? (as a dare form of course). Sooo...who do you know that has money and what would they enjoy seeing you do? Maybe someone that needs a little refunking?

    ReplyDelete